Last Updated on
As men approach that golden age of 30, it is not uncommon to get odd strands of nasal hair protruding from the depths of your nose. The bad news is that once you start to notice these stray nasal hairs, more and more nasal hair will start to emerge as you get older. Male Grooming has moved on a great deal since the days where men just simply shaved and added a splash of aftershave. Nowadays many men’s grooming products help to keep skin and hair looking and feeling great. These grooming tips for men will help you maintain your edge.
Appearances are so vital in this quick paced life we lead. Whether we like it or not, individuals tend to make a judgement on how we look. Personal grooming is one area that is accessible to every man to enhance his image. Once upon a time, this was an area reserved only for women, but nowadays male grooming kits are broadly showcased for men.
Top 5 Most Important Grooming Tips for Men
Take care of these 5 areas and you will be sure to impress the ladies.
The skin is the biggest organ in the body, and is liable to the same laws as every one of our organs – if it is pushed sufficiently hard, it will come up short. Present day life places fantastic weight on our bodies, and the skin is the first contact for the body with air contamination, chemicals in the water and ventilation. The condition of our skin is also influenced by what we eat and drink – caffeine-high items, smoking, food that’s high in fat and sugar and liquor all add stress to the skin.
Skin Care Tips:
- Cleanse the face and neck with a chemical free cleanser, at least once every day. If you get a men’s grooming kit most will include a quality cleanser to keep your skin fresh.
- Use an oil-free facial lotion with a SPF 15 or higher every day to hydrate the skin and protect from sun harm.
- Once or twice per week, use a facial scrub to get rid dead skin cells and renew the skin. This is called peeling, and it leaves the skin feeling crisp and refreshes the look of dull skin.
- Make sure to use an effective underarm antiperspirant to ensure you are always fresh
All men have to shave, it’s a fact of life, unless of course you are going for the lumberjack/wilderness look! You should always shave after you shower as your stubble is warmer and cuts easier. Use a good shaving cream and always use a good quality razor. If you get a decent grooming kit for men then it should have all the necessary equipment in there for you. A smooth shave is always nice to look at and also enhances the appeal of your face.
Razor burn is the scourge of shaving for many men. It is caused by the friction of the razor as it passes over almost invisible folds in the skin, and is irritated more by hot water, chemicals in shaving products and sweat. You can reduce, and even eliminate, razor burn by altering your shaving technique. We have put together this list of shaving tips for men to ensure you never suffer again.
- Using an exfoliate regularly removes the dead skin cells which can clog a razor.
- Use a lotion based shaving cream rather than soap, which tends to be drying. The lotion gives a slick surface for the razor to glide over.
- Wet your face with warm water and apply the shaving cream, using a shaving brush (this helps to lift the hairs). Leave for 2 minutes to soften the bristles.
- Use a triple bladed razor as it is more efficient. Pull the blade in the direction the hair grows, not against – this is the most common cause of razor burn.
- Try to avoid re-shaving areas of your face; only pass every spot once.
- Leave the toughest stubble till last to allow extra softening time for those hairs.
- Rinse off any residue – it may cause irritation. Apply an aftershave balm – a great balm is pure aloe vera gel, which is soothing and healing to the skin.
Make sure the style you choose is appropriate to the look you are trying to achieve. Here is one of the best men’s grooming tips you can get: Invest in an appointment with a good hair stylist (doesn’t have to be expensive) and ask for advice on what styles would suit your face shape. Once you have a really good styled cut, it is much easier to keep your hair looking good.
Hair products for men have increased in both number and quality in recent years. Greasy hair is not a good look, so use a good shampoo and conditioner as often as needed to keep your hair looking shiny and clean. Choose from the wide range of hair grooming products on the market to keep your hair styled and neat throughout the day. Many men dye their hair these days, either to hide graying hair or to create a fun, modern look. Make sure you use well-known brands or have it done at a salon to avoid problems.
Wash your face twice a day using a cleanser suitable for your skin type. If your face is oily and prone to acne, use a face wash containing salicylic acid. If you have dry skin, use a moisturizing face wash, and if you have sensitive skin, use a mild cleanser that’s fragrance-free. After washing your face, apply a moisturizer containing an SPF of at least 15, which will help prevent sun damage that leads to wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
Whitening creams also reduce pigmentation considerably which is good for those facial surface scars or age spots. Men are more prone to age spots anyway so a face whitening cream or fairness cream for men is essential.
Do not forget to cut your nails regularly. Not just your fingernails, but this includes your toenails as well. They have to be kept clean at all times. Having dirty nails is a total turn off not just for women, but to humans in general! Your dog mightn’t mind your two inch toenails, but everyone else will! Besides, keeping your nails clean is part of proper hygiene. People always assume that a person who has clean nails is someone who is neat and has good proper hygiene. Remember that with dirty nails, you also increase the chances of smelly feet, so keep those nails clean and short!